1. Did you know that the Nanga Parbat is also known as the “Killer Mountain”?
2. An enormous peak, rising 26,660 ft above the ground, the mountain is known for having claimed lives of numerous mountaineers and is notoriously difficult to climb.
3. Located in the Gilgit-Baltistan region of Pakistan, Nanga Parbat is the ninth highest mountain in the world.
4. It forms the western anchor of the Himalayas and is also the westernmost eight-thousander (one of the 14 independent mountains with a height of more than 8,000 ft).
5. One of the most notable features of the Nanga Parbat is the Rupal Face (to its south) which is also often known as the highest mountain face in the world, rising 15,090 ft above its base!
If you enjoyed this trivia post, go ahead and check out some of our other posts by clicking on the button below!